So today is the day I launch this website, December 3rd 2016.
It’s also the day I turn 29 years old.
At 19 there was so much I thought I wanted to achieve and do by the age of 29. I thought I would be married, have children, a stable job and have my life sorted.
None of that happened except for the married part (but that didn’t go as planned). In fact I will be divorced before I am 30. Ha!
But I couldn’t be happier (right now at least but it was hard, really hard).
I was talking with a couple of my mastermind girls this morning about how we envision our life to be by a certain age, we place so much expectations and pressure to do certain things in a certain way. But why? I told the girls, now that I am older I am actually a lot more content within myself, I don’t feel the need to have X Y Z accomplished. To be honest I would be perfectly content to spend my days by the ocean in my own space doing my own thing with or without someone by my side. Of course having someone is a bonus but I am no longer concerned with any of that or how it supposed to be or look. I am happy enough just to do me (please don’t take that literally)
So I wanted to share with you 29 lessons I’ve learnt in 29 years:
- Actions always speak louder than words. Anyone can say anything but its what they do that matters.
- Putting yourself first is not being selfish. It’s necessary.
- Two people can love each other heaps but still there is always work to be done.
- It takes time to really get to know someone and build a solid foundation.
- Sometimes people are going to leave and you will never understand why and that’s okay, let them go.
- The most important relationship you can have is with yourself.
- Its always important to do it for you first.
- It’s not your job to make others happy, It’s your job to make yourself happy and that starts from within.
- It’s not what happens to you that defines you, its how you respond to the situation.
- There are always going to be challenges and failures along the way, you can’t avoid it.
- As long as you can learn from your lessons, it’s unlikely going to repeat itself.
- The universe throws you challenges to teach you something or see if you are actually listening.
- Always listen to the tiny whispers of your soul, its actually trying to tell you the truth.
- You are actually a lot more stronger and powerful than you realise
- Some people are going to feel uncomfortable or intimidated by how much you have evolved. Don’t worry about it.
- As you embark on this journey of self-discovery, you will feel lonely. You will so badly want the rest of your friends to be there by your side supporting you. But they will have their own journey to follow. And that’s okay.
- Calories actually don’t matter. It’s the quality of the food that matters. But it doesn’t matter if you enjoy a donut here and there.
- Coffee is good. In healthy portions
- Just do what feels good. You don’t have to compromise your soul.
- Your heart and soul are your best assets. Treat them with respect.
- Surround yourself with those who raise the vibes higher.
- It’s okay to say No.
- You’re mum is actually always right. Don’t even try to argue with her.
- It’s the women around you that are actually going to help you get through some of the hardest periods in your life. Some of whom will become your sisterhood. Treat them well.
- Even when at times it feels like the world is over, just remember all the things you can be grateful for. Start with the fact your not broke. Yet.
- Raise your standards and get the F away from anyone who brings you down. It’s not even worth it.
- Too much stress will kill you. Just don’t even bother.
- Life is good and can be sweet. Just depends on what kind of lenses you choose to see it through
- It doesn’t matter what life looks like. It’s how it feels that’s the most important part. Start there.
The last year has been an adventure. I am excited for the next one!
Happy birthday to me!